Applying to Become a CASA Volunteer
Applying to become a CASA volunteer includes two critical components: (1) an application and (2) a background check. Your application cannot be processed until both pieces are complete.
Step 1: Click on the following link to download a PDF file of the application form to complete. CASA Volunteer Application
The application includes relevant information which will enable our staff to prepare for the screening interview. Please be prepared to provide:
- General information about yourself and your background;
- A brief statement about why you would like to do this volunteer work;
- Three references and their contact information; and
- Your employment and address history.
Step 2: Click on the following link to download a PDF file of a child abuse and criminal background check authorization form to complete. Background Check Authorization
Please fill in all appropriate fields, print, hand-sign, and submit by any of the following methods:
- Scan and email to email@example.com;
- Fax to 918-923-4460; or
- Mail to Child Advocates of Northeast Oklahoma (200 S. Lynn Riggs Blvd., Claremore, OK 74017)
All CASA volunteers and staff must pass a background check that includes criminal, child abuse and neglect, and driving records. Child Advocates of Northeast Oklahoma takes every precaution to ensure no one working with our organization poses a risk to children. Remember, we cannot process applications until a background check form is received.
IMPORTANT NOTE: CASA volunteer advocates must be at least 21 years of age.
Next Pre-Service Training Class
CASA Training Classes
Saturdays, 9 AM – 4 PM / June 10, 17, 24, and July 8
First Christian Presbyterian Church
301 NE First Street, Pryor, OK
(Church is located across the street from the Mayes Co. Courthouse)
TENTATIVE 2017 SCHEDULE OF OTHER TRAINING CLASSES:
Saturdays 9 AM to 4 PM
- Claremore – July 15 through August 19
- Grove – August 26 through September 23
- Pryor – September 30 through October 28
- Miami – November 4 through December 9
Training Class Questions or to Register
Contact: Gayle Hanson, CASA Training Coordinator
785-623-6955 or 918-325-7202